Dental health in pets:
Maintaining your pet’s dental health is a very important part of caring for your pet. Calculus is the brown build-up of plaque found extending downwards on the tooth from the gum line. Calculus is a haven for bacteria which can have serious consequences for your pet’s general health.
These bacteria can not only cause abscesses and tooth loss but can have further effects - even resulting in organ damage as the bacteria are carried from the mouth through the bloodstream.
Dogs and cats make much fuller use of their teeth than humans do - using them in ways we usually use our hands. It stands to reason, therefore, that maintaining canine and feline dental health is essential to their well-being (and of course pets can’t wear dentures!).
Therefore, the best thing you can do for your dog or cat’s dental health is to embark on a prevention program and look out for your pet’s teeth and gums before it’s too late.
The natural way:
Bad breath is usually the first indication that your pet’s teeth and gums need attention. Bacteria in the mouth and the development of calculus produce foul-smelling breath in pets. Regular inspection of the teeth is also a good idea to establish your pet’s level of dental health.
Normal teeth in pets are shiny white all the way to the line of the gum. Any deposits or build up of a dark yellow or brown substance on the teeth, especially near the gum line, indicates a problem with calculus.
Chewing on hard food generally cleanses the teeth of calculus, especially the tips of the teeth. However, be aware that the gum line is slightly indented and can harbor the calculus-causing bacteria for months on end without being affected by your pet’s eating.
The gums should appear a healthy pink color and there should be a clear delineation between gums and teeth.
What is Gumz-n-Teeth?
Gumz-n-Teeth is a 100% safe proprietary blend of natural and herbal ingredients in an internal formula for supporting general dental health in pets. This formula also has a positive effect of systemic functioning as a whole.
How has Gumz-n-Teeth helped others?
“Over the years I have had many pets, and dental care is one thing I must admit I never really took much notice of. This all changed when I took my Poodle to the vet in our new hometown. This vet pointed out to me the accumulation of plaque that was already on Emma’s relatively young teeth. Since then, I’ve embarked on a regular brushing program, which Emma got used to very quickly, and also ordered your Gumz-n-Teeth remedy as suggested by the vet. After just a few weeks, I must say that I am thrilled with the results. Apart from the benefits I know Emma is getting from this program, I never realized how fresh a dog’s breath can smell!”
“We’ve been giving Gumz-n-Teeth to our dogs and cats for nearly two months now and are very impressed. All of their teeth and gums look healthy, clean and smell better. We have also noticed an improvement in their coats and general health. A great product - thank you!”
What are the Ingredients?
Gumz-n-Teeth contains the following ingredients:
- Arthrospira platenis (Spirulina) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and known to be an excellent source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. Spirulina also makes vitamin A available for use in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, teeth and immune functioning. This sea algae has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to boost energy, support liver and immune system functioning, and general systemic health. Human studies have shown Spirulina to promote oral health in particular (Mathew, B., Sankaranarayanan, R., Nair, P. P., Varghese, C., Somanathan, T., Amma, B. P., Amma, N. S., and Nair, M. K. “Evaluation of chemoprevention of oral cancer with Spirulina fusiformis.” Nutr Cancer 1995;24(2):197-202.)
- Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) has been widely used in Western and Chinese herbalism for many centuries. This therapeutic herb helps to support healthy body tissue due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong teeth, skin, bones, claws and fur and is the main component in all connective body tissues including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols (D'Agostino, M., Dini, A., Pizza, C., Senatore, F., and Aquino, R. “Sterols from Equisetum arvense.” Boll.Soc Ital.Biol Sper. 12-30-1984;60(12):2241-2245.)
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on saliva production in the mouth. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. “The bitterness properties of dandelion. II. Chemical investigations.” Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985;18:347-349. ) It is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. These vitamins and minerals are all essential for the health of the digestive system, bones, teeth and gums.
- Silica (6c) is a biochemic tissue salt which has a unique ability to cleanse the cells of toxins and purify the body. Silica is naturally occurring in the body, especially in hair, nails, skin, nerve sheaths and all mucous membranes, including the mouth and digestive tract. This biochemic tissue salt is also frequently prescribed for gum health. Silica acts as a natural cleanser and purifier and will also eliminate all foreign matter in the body. For this reason Silica should not be used for pets with any type of prosthesis, metal plates, pins or artificial tubes in the body.
- Calc. fluoride (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt which is important for healthy teeth, skin and bones. Calc. fluoride is also useful for teething pets. It is found in the enamel of teeth and bone surfaces and is excellent for maintaining the health and integrity of teeth.
- Calc. phos. (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt useful for healthy teeth and gums and is particularly important in times of growth and development. This salt is found in the bones, connective tissue, teeth etc. and is necessary for supporting the strength/solidity of these tissues. Calc phos. is excellent for supporting healthy circulation, bones and teeth.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
How do I use Gumz-n-Teeth?
Capsules may be swallowed whole or opened and mixed with a little food.
- Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
- Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
- Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
- Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Get optimum results with regular use:
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
People respond to natural medicine in different ways, some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results while many others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure you receive optimum results it is important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support, many customers report taking a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for continued health and well-being.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing not yet established.